Dear PCMS Member, We are excited to announce a new COST SAVING benefit for our…
The program was designed to:
- Provide informal, confidential, peer-led support to physicians
- Reduce stigma and other barriers that too often stop physicians from seeking help
What is Physician Distress?
Studies have shown that physician distress can increase potential professional risk.
- 44 percent of physicians experience symptoms of burnout
- 28 percent of medical residents suffer from depression
- Approximately 400 American physicians commit suicide each year
- 10-12 percent of physicians have a substance use disorder
Yet physicians often avoid seeking support or professional mental health assistance.
The program was developed by Corporate Counseling Associates (CCA), and commissioned by ArMA in partnership with AHCCCS and ADHS.
This program is a confidential, free way to discuss professional and personal concerns with another physician.
The physicians in this program are from across Arizona, span a variety of specialties and are all volunteers. Participants will generally have up to three sessions with the peer counselor via phone or video chat.
You can find out more information about this program and enroll by clicking here.