Because of the COVID-19 virus, please confirm live conferences/trainings/workshops are still scheduled. Pima County Medical Society will do its best to keep information updated.
Wellbeing Collaborative: Supporting Health Care Workers
Fourth Tuesday of the month
A Wellbeing Collaborative for Health Professionals has formed in Arizona. Participation requires no dues or formal commitments as the Collaborative focuses on sharing lessons learned, best practices, and other practical resources.
The Wellbeing Collaborative serves as a resource for you to utilize, whether you are an organization or a health care professional. Our goal is to promote the importance of keeping our health care professionals uplifted by sharing stories, strategies being implemented that are making a difference, and helpful tactics for promoting wellbeing.
Click here for more information.
AZ HEROES Study
This study stands for Arizona Healthcare, Emergency Response and Other Essential workers Surveillance. AZ HEROES is funded by the CDC and focuses on COVID-19 infection and immune response in individuals on the frontline of this pandemic. English and Spanish-speaking individuals with and without prior COVID-19 diagnosis can enroll.
Study activities include:
- Weekly surveillance through short surveys and at-home COVID-19 tests, with additional tests if they become ill
- Complete surveys about their COVID-19 history, risks and occupational exposure three times
- Go to Sonora Quest for a blood draw three to four times to test for antibodies
Participants will receive:
- Access to COVID-19 test results
- New information and updates on COVID-19
- Pride that comes with advancing the science of COVID-19
- Entry into weekly raffles based on study compliance for the chance to win 1 of 5 $50 cash gift cards each week of the study
Please note that this study is inclusive to individuals:
- Between 18 and 85 years old
- Meet one of these requirements:
- Work at least 20 hours per week in health care, as a first responder, front-line/essential worker (retail, hospitality, facilities, government, etc.) OR
- Part-time college student (at least 6 units) and work at least 10 hours per week
- Can speak English or Spanish
- Have not received the COVID-19 vaccine or have been vaccinated within the last 14 days
For more information, click here.
Fourth Annual reimagine Health Research Symposium
Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022
Please join us for the fourth Annual reimagine Health Research Symposium on Health and Disease over the Lifespan. This symposium will examine the molecular and genetic basis, clinical management, societal impact and health disparities of important human diseases that occur over the lifespan, ranging from pediatric to geriatric conditions, including during gestation and the impact of the environment. The symposium will explore this theme with sessions on Aging and the Immune System, Genomic Instability and Cancer over the Lifespan, Gestation and the Environment, and Neurodevelopmental and Neurodegenerative Diseases.
For more information and to register, click here.