EDITORIAL: Candidates Hope to Represent All Arizona Physicians By Dr. Gary Figge, PCMS Board of Directors We…
Arizona has launched one of the nation’s first 24/7 hotlines providing free, real-time consultations for clinicians with complex patients with pain and opioid use disorders. The first-of-its-kind hotline is staffed by medical experts at the Poison and Drug Information Centers in Arizona.
The new service can assist providers with the management of:
- Patients taking high numbers of morphine milligram equivalents (MME)
- Patients that require an exit strategy from their current opioid regimen (including tapering)
- New patients on multiple controlled substances
- Challenging patients with pain and mental health/substance use comorbidities
- Patients with acute opioid overdose or toxicity
- Patients with acute opioid or benzodiazepine withdrawal
- Patients that require MAT (medication assisted treatment)
- Patients that require local referrals to behavioral health or substance use disorder treatment
Consultations provide tailored, evidence-based, real-time and follow-up services. The number is 1-888-688-4222.