2021 Legislative Session Summary The First Regular Session of the 55th Legislature was certainly one…
This March, the Tucson CME Conference continued the tradition of supporting the ongoing education of health care providers with the latest advances in Medicine. By now, participants should have received their CME Certificate; if you need any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each presentation is available to stream. Please use the links below to access the keynote, panel discussion and breakout sessions.
COVID-19 Vaccine Development
Lindsey R. Baden, MD is the Director of Clinical Research in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, as well as the Director of Infectious Diseases at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He also holds the appointment of Associate Professor at the Harvard Medical School, all in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Baden is also the editor of the New England Journal of Medicine; he serves as co-principal investigator of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial.
A panel discussion about the social determinants of health and the impact of coronavirus on undeserved communities. Panelists included:
- Sudha Nagalingam, MD, FACP Medical Director – Special Immunology Associates, El Rio Community Health Center
- Clifford P. Martin, MD Immediate Past Chief of Staff at TMC (2019-2020), Southern Arizona Infectious Disease Specialists, TMC HealthCare
- Judy Rich, RN, MSN President and Chief Executive Officer, TMC HealthCare
- Chad Whelan, MD, MHSA, FACP, SFHM Chief Executive Officer, Banner – University Medicine Tucson
- Francisco A. Moreno, MD Associate Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, University of Arizona Health Sciences
General Medicine Breakouts
- Diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease Roberta D. Brinton, PhD UA
- Heart failure and cardiogenic shock Elizabeth B. Juneman, MD UA/Banner – UMC Tucson
- Advanced lung disease and pulmonary function tests Monica Kraft, MD UA/Banner – UMC Tucson
- Shoulder arthroplasty Andrew P. Mahoney, MD Tucson Orthopaedic Institute
- Acute treatment of COVID-19 Christian Bime, MD, MSC UA/Banner – UMC Tucson
- Late sequelae of COVID-19 Mindy J. Fain, MD UA/Banner – UMC Tucson
- COVID-19 Pathophysiology and diagnosis Ferric C. Fang, MD University of Washington
- Travel of SARVs-CoV-2 from Wuhan to the west coast of the United States Mike Worobey, PhD UA