EDITORIAL: Candidates Hope to Represent All Arizona Physicians By Dr. Gary Figge, PCMS Board of Directors We…
Pima County Medical Society is working with the Arizona Medical Association and Maricopa County Medical Society to address the PPE shortage for practices in Arizona. A program has been launched where practices are able to order equipment from manufacturers and suppliers in China. Orders will be shipped to Phoenix. PCMS is making arrangements to have orders from Pima County practices brought to Tucson as soon as possible.
Once an order is placed, it is hoped that it will be received in Phoenix within one to two weeks. We will be verifying orders to make sure they are complete and distributed to the practices that ordered them. You have the option of picking up your order in Phoenix, but can contact PCMS if you need someone to pick up your order. You do not have to be a PCMS member to participate in the program.
To order, go to http://actionppe.org/AZ/
- You must have a valid Arizona Medical License to place an order.
- You will be able to select the region you are ordering from.
- Orders submitted through the website require a credit card and are processed through Stripe.
- ArMA is handling the financial aspect of the initiative with all funds running through its books.
- Arizona physicians order the supplies they need and it is a pass through cost. Neither ArMA nor MCMS have marked up the pricing in any way.
- As soon as bulk order minimums are met, ArMA processes an invoice from the third party supplier and wires the funds. That initiates production in China.
- ArMA is kept informed about the status of production and shipping.
Currently masks, gowns and face shields are available through the program. You may contact Dennis Carey at PCMS at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (520) 795-7985 with any questions.